Two weeks ago I got hit hard. I spent nearly 64% of my work week in meetings, emails, and chat messages yet I “felt” unproductive.
I asked myself, am I spending my time efficiently or am I giving my time away blindly without purpose.
Last week I made a conscious decision to do 3 things:
- Focus: Each morning, I identified what success looked like and what I wanted to accomplish for the day. I then planned my time accordingly to accomplish my goals.
- Me Time: I blocked off an hour each day to evaluate how I am trending towards my goals. If an adjustment was needed, I reset expectations immediately.
- Intent: I ensured each personal or professional interaction had a clear purpose and outcome in helping to achieve my goals.
My goals for last week:
- Mentor at least 4 individuals
- Define the Q2 focus for my organization in prep to guide each tea
- Have a successful SDTH meeting with over 150 attendees
- Write this post and share my experience
I am happy to share I accomplished 100% of my goals and feel my time has been used wisely as my focus was impacting the lives of others in a way that I could visually see it.
Transformative change = focus, discipline, and hard work.