There are three known factors for why an associate chooses to leave their job.
- They don’t feel appreciated
- They aren’t passionate about their work
- They don’t like their direct manager
Attrition can’t be prevented, however, as leaders, we have influence over each one of the factors above. So the question is, are you solving the problem or a cause of the symptoms?
Some simple tips for leaders to follow:
- Recognize your associate. A thank you or acknowledgement for a job well done can go a long way.
- Communicate a clear vision and mission to your team while matching the job role to the right skill sets for maximum results.
- Treat people like people instead of a cog in a machine. Remove obstacles towards professional growth and respect the individual.
These three things alone help create a healthier work culture ultimately reducing attrition.
Take a stand and make a difference.